EduChange final conference (29th June 2020) serves as a multiplier event, where we planned to share the results of our project with the international audience. Due to the Covid-19 we are unable to organise a truly international event in Olomouc, but we decided to have the final conference as a “blended” event. This means, that first part – morning sessions will be streamed online (in English), and the second part – afternoon sessions, will be only in Olomouc as practical workshops (in Czech and 2 online workshops in English).
The objective of the event is to share project outcomes more widely with interested stakeholders outside of the Project group. The conference also serves as a platform for developing future ideas of mobile informal learning in higher education.
- Date – 29th June 2020 – Facebook event here.
- Location – Fortress of knowledge, Olomouc or online at: https://tinyurl.com/EduChangeConf
- Registration: participation at the conference is free, you just need to register here.
- Accommodation: In case you need us to arrange accommodation, please contact Jiri.Panek@upol.cz
- 8:00 – 8:30 – registration
- 8:30 – official opening – (English/Online)
- 8:45 – 9:45 – Keynote – Climate attitudes and behaviour of the Czech public by Tomáš Chabada (English/Online)
- 9:45 – 10:15 – EduChange – ideas, project and evaluation by Jiří Pánek (English/Online)
- 10:15 – 11:00 – Young people’s opinions about Climate Change by Tim Favier (English/Online)
- 11:00 – 11:45 – Students´ perceptions of EduChange and activities by Jakob Cyvin and students (English/Online)
- 11:45 – 13:00 – Lunch
- 13:00 – 14:00 – first round of workshops
- Mysteries: An example of a challenging lesson in which students investigate cause-and-effects of climate change and water issues by Tim Favier (English/Online)
- Google Expedition and VR in field education by Jiří Pánek (Czech/on-site)
- Methods of active learning and critical thinking in climate change education by ARPOK NGO (Czech/on-site)
- 14:00 – 14:30 – Coffee break
- 14:30 – 15:30 – second round of workshops
- Place-based education by Bouke van Gorp (English/Online)
- Mobile mapping apps and surveys by Vít Pászto (Czech/on-site)
- Anthropocene by Tomáš Daněk (Czech/on-site)
- 15:30 – 16:00 – Closing presentation (English/Online)
- 18:00 – 22:00 – informal networking, dinner, etc.